Thursday, November 10, 2016

"Can I Walk Away From My House After Bankruptcy?" - Bankruptcy Blog article from Credit.com

Image courtesy of stockimages at
FreeDigitalPhotos.net
While working with a former bankruptcy client, I found this article; "Can I Walk Away From My House After Bankruptcy?" They completed their bankruptcy last year. Since then, their home has suffered continuous water seepage.

After several insurance claims and convincing the homeowner association to re-grade landscaping, the problem continues. They are considering walking away from the home.

I explained to them at the time they could walk away from the home since the mortgage was discharged during the bankruptcy. They did not sign a reaffirmation agreement before discharge.

The article author, Gerri Detweiler, simply recognizes almost as a side note,"When you do not reaffirm your mortgage in bankruptcy you can continue to live in your home as long as you make your payments. But you are no longer personally liable for the debt if you decide to leave."

The bottom-line is I sent a link to article to my clients and they found it helpful. So I thought I would share the article here on my blog to help other people looking for information.

If you want assistance, legal representation, or just want to know more about Mark M. Medvesky or Wells, Hoffman, Holloway & Medvesky LLP, check out our website at www.whhmlaw.com.

#bankruptcy #Chapter7 #Chapter13 #MontgomeryCounty #lawfirm #BucksCounty #Pennsylvania


No comments:

Post a Comment