Saturday, April 25, 2015

"Can You File Bankruptcy If You're Unemployed? Yes, But You May Want to Wait"

Image courtesy of Stuart Miles at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
When I first meet people to discuss bankruptcy, one of the first questions I ask is, "are you working?" If a client is not working and has no prospect of a job any time soon, I explore the possibility of waiting to file. If they expect to find a job soon or have a pending offer, I'll explore the impact of waiting. Waiting too long can push a debtor out of eligibility for filing under chapter 7 and leave them with chapter 13 as their only option.
"Can You File Bankruptcy If You're Unemployed? Yes, But You May Want to Wait" -Submitted by Rachel R - I found this article discussing other considerations when someone is unemployed. I think the author does a great job and this article is consistent with the counsel I give my clients. If you are unemployed and considering bankruptcy, this article is definitely worth the read. I'll gladly answer further questions.

If you want assistance, legal representation, or just want to know more about Mark Medvesky or Medvesky Law Office, LLC, check out my website at www.medveskylaw.com.

#bankruptcy #Chapter_7 #Chapter_13 #Montgomery_County #law_firm #Bucks_County #Pennsylvania

No comments:

Post a Comment