Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Credit after bankruptcy ... One of the most common questions

One of the most common questions I receive from clients is, "When will my credit come back?" I always try to assure my clients rebuilding credit can be done with a little effort and discipline. I also blogged about it in the articles at the links below:

Bankruptcy - mortgages and rebuilding credit - a brief conversation with a banker ...



But the question continues to come up and I found this article. I thought people might want to hear this from someone else:

@ thestreet.com by Brian O'Connell, published May 8, 2018 


Image courtesy of Master isolated images at
FreeDigitalPhotos.net
 "Bankruptcy afflicts over a million Americans on a yearly basis, and going under financially is widely viewed as a nightmare scenario. That isn't necessarily the case, as a new Lending Tree report shows.
In fact, more than 40% of Americans have a credit score of over 640 one year after filing for bankruptcy, 65% of bankrupt Americans see the same score (at least) three years after a bankruptcy..."


The article goes on to list actions a person can take to rebuild credit. There is life after bankruptcy.

If you want assistance, legal representation, or just want to know more about me, Mark M. Medvesky, or Wells, Hoffman, Holloway & Medvesky LLP, check out our website at www.whhmlaw.com.

 #bankruptcy Chapter7 #Chapter13 #MontgomeryCounty #lawfirm #BucksCounty #Pennsylvania
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment