Saturday, December 31, 2016

Immigration - simple tip - have you moved? don't forget to change your address with USCIS

I also practice immigration law, mostly for families. One of the common mistakes I am finding with my clients is they move and do not realize they need to inform US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Most non-U.S. citizens must report a change of address within 10 days of moving within the United States or its territories. This can cause problems as a person moves from an immigrant visa to a permanent legal resident to a US Citizen.

It is a pretty simple process. On the USCIS website, it has a page - Change of Address Information. It provides guidance and gives you access to the AR-11 form most people need to use to notify USCIS of the address change. This can help avoid unnecessary problems.

If you want to know more about Mark Medvesky or Medvesky Law Office, LLC, check out my website at 

#BucksCounty #Immigration #lawyer #lawyers, #MontgomeryCounty #Souderton #Law_Firm

No comments:

Post a Comment